Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Like heaven on earth



This travel blog just wouldn't be complete without a post dedicated to Nutella - a lovely chocolate-hazelnut spread that Europeans eat like peanut butter. So, I'm digging back into my Europe photo archives for a visual. Between Katie, Mark and myself, I believe we polished off six jars of Nutella in our six weeks of traveling together. It was a bit of an addiction - especially for Katie, although I have little room to talk. Our favorite way to eat it was dipping stick pretzels straight into the jar. Katie even tried Nutella on broccoli and potato chips. My Nutella consumption has tapered off drastically since those first six weeks, but I do enjoy some on my morning toast when the opportunity arises. If you hadn't had the pleasure of eating Nutella yet, I highly recommend it - it's easy to find in U.S. grocery stores.

Other favorite European foods and beverages (some not so easy to find in the U.S.): gelatto, yogurt-filled Milka chocolate bars, durum kebabs (a Turkish fast-food sandwich wrap sold in stands all over Europe), Radler (half lemon-lime soda, half beer. A godsend in Bavaria - it's much less daunting than the liters of straight beer that the locals guzzle), apfelschorle (apple juice and mineral water), Mezzo Mix (cola w/orange) and Fanta (their Fanta is different - it actually tastes like fruit).

1 comment:

Katie :) said...

HA HA!!!! fun post Beth!!! yeah, I forgot about the broccoli in nutella bit... fun times!!!! Aaahhhh those were the days :)