Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Meeting Rick Steves!!!!!


Yes, this is the real Rick Steves... and yes we were really there with him!!!! For those of you who don't know... Rick Steves has become very popular in the traveling world. He spends a few months of every year in Europe doing research and shows etc... he has numerous books published every year (we have like 10 of them in the back of the car, because Bethany's cousin works for him) and what are the chances that between his schedule and ours that we would actually meet him???? Amazing!!!!!
ok... so here's the scoop... While sight seeing in Venice we were walking along in a piazza, and I walked by a guy just sitting in the square... and I thought "hey, that guy looks like Rick Steves" but then passed it off thinking "yeah right... I mean what are the chances" and of course didn't mention it to my traveling mates (they love to make fun of me any chance they get). Well, that evening we met a couple from the states traveling around Europe much like us... and they happened to mention that they ran into Rick Steves last night in Venice... then of course I told my story and what do you know... no one believed me.... big surprise!!!! A few moments later the couple we were talking to says "oh look... there he is" and sure enough there he was... the man himself... pretty much taking a picture of us!!!!!!! Well, I was the only one brave enough to go talk to him and get my picture taken... at first... then we got to talk to him a little and everyone thought that it would be a good idea to have a group picture taken to post on the blog!!!! Soooo... to make a short story long.... that's my version of it ;) I still can't get over it..... I mean... RICK STEVES!!!!!! Pretty cool!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, I don't think your smile can get any bigger!!! I am glad you all are having a wonderful time

Bob and Judy

Maggie said...

He seems like a fine figure of a man. Maybe he has sons, Katie!