Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Bonjour!


Here we are at the top of the Eiffel Tower (taken last night - April 2). The view was amazing, although you'll have to just take my word for it because this picture really doesn't show much of anything. This is the only photo I have on my USB drive at the moment (the rest are back at our hotel), so it will have to suffice for now. (I'm typing from an Internet Cafe in Paris, which we had to look very hard to find.) Hopefully we'll get a chance to post more photos soon - we've gotten a lot of great shots. We haven't had a lot of time to hunt for Internet availability - there's so much to see, we're doing good if we remember to eat dinner before midnight.
We've spent the last two nights (and will spend the next two) at a hotel outside of Versailles. Our room is tiny, and only supposed to sleep 3, but we snuck in a fourth. We'll have to post a photo - it's pretty funny. Mark gets the top bunk and us three girls share the bottom two single beds. The beds are pushed together and we sleep on it sideways. It's plenty wide enough - our ankles just hang over the edge a tad. The bathroom looks like what you'd find in a motor home. But we really can't complain - we haven't been bit by any bed bugs yet and we're only paying $9/night each.
We spent our first day in Paris seeing the big sights - the Louvre, Notre Dame cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, etc. Today has been a more low-key day in Paris. We slept in, visited the catacombs and have been wandering the city. Our legs have already logged a lot of miles on this trip (Katie was wishing she'd brought a pedometer) and we're starting to feel it. Well, there's lots to tell, but it will have to wait. We're paying for Internet by the half hour and still need to book hostels for the next leg of our trip.

3 comments:

lizzie said...

Beth- I am so jealous!! All those places that we only hear about;) I'm glad you have this oppurtunity. We do miss you here over the pond. Have fun and keep writing. (its the highlight of my workday :/)

Maggie said...

When in France....well, maybe not! :) Just remember the rules. I miss you, but am enjoying your posts. How handy that you guys brought a journalist along. Somebody was thinking. Au revoir!

Jessica Davis said...

Hi! It seems like you guys are having quite the adventure. Sorry I didn't give you a call before I left. I have an internship in California this summer! I will have to e-mail you soon. Oh, I am so happy you finally made it to Europe. That bum job really paid off huh?